Statistics on Work Related Stress?
- Over 1 in 4 workers (over 3.7 million working adults) in 2010 reported being “highly stressed” in their workplace environment. Stats Canada
- The same report cited studies that suggest, “mental health is highly correlated to chronic stress. Numerous studies link chronic stress to anxiety, depression, insomnia, fatigue and substance abuse. Chronic stress can cause memory loss and can change the brain's structure and functioning, affecting a person's susceptibility to depression and the effects of aging. Long-term stress is also highly correlated with the development and progression of many chronic physical diseases, such as heart disease, arthritis, ulcers, asthma and migraine.
- With these types of statistics, the benefits of providing Reiki for your staff and management cannot be overstated or exaggerated.
Stress-busting Workshop (cost $15-$20/person, for 15-20 minute sessions)
- Convenient Scheduling: Visit to your workplace can be arranged on a whole or half day basis depending on the size of your workforce and the desire for Reiki sessions by your staff and management.
- Short sessions (15-20 min.) can be booked throughout the day. Note: a regular Reiki session lasts from 45-90 min. However, even a shortened session can be very beneficial.
- Simple Set-up: For simplicity, sessions may be done in chairs. The receiver remains fully clothed at all times. All sessions remain completely confidential. All that is required is a quiet designated area to do the sessions, away from telephones and conversations.
- Follow-up: Private sessions can be booked outside of working hours with the Practitioner to do further healing and releasing.
“I found my experience with Reiki to be very positive. It cleared my mind and I was very relaxed to the point of falling asleep! Perhaps Reiki could be offered to all board staff at the different regional offices where there are private, spots for the sessions to take place”. – L.C. (Upper Canada Distict School Board staff)