(sliding payment scale for parents of children with special needs)
Benefits for Children
Although empirical research is very limited, some anecdotal benefits of Reiki for children include:
- Better sleep
- Improved confidence
- Reduced anxiety
- Improved feelings of calm
- Improve concentration and mental clarity
- Improved ability to deal with traumatic and/or stressful events
- Manage symptoms of medical conditions and drug side-effects
- Feel happier and more in control of their lives
- Reiki has proven to be a trusted modality in High School Wellness Programs in the U.S. and Ireland
How a Reiki Session is Conducted For a Child
- Consideration is given to: the child’s ability to remain still while ensuring that they are comfortable in the treatment environment.
- Some children may be more comfortable if they bring a favourite toy.
- Children with autism will require preparation (a social story can be provided on request for advance preparation).
- A parent or other adult caregiver must be present in the room during treatment of anyone under 16.
- I do have a Police Records Check.
- As in an adult treatment, the child remains fully clothed.
- Hand placements will be discussed to ensure a balance between effectiveness and child/parent preferences.
- Length do session will be customized to meet the needs of the child. Generally, a reiki session for a child would be no longer than half an hour.
- In certain circumstances, the Reiki Practitioner may simply play or colour with the child to establish rapport, while channeling Reiki energy.