Coincidentally with the approach of Christmas, the season of miracles, I have started reading E2 by Pam Grout. The book, subtitled “Nine do-it-yourself Energy Experiments That Prove Your Thoughts Create Your Reality” guides the reader into “awareness that miracles still happen, and that there is an amazing energy source available to everyone. ” My curiosity piqued, I thought it might be an interesting exercise to conduct each of the nine experiments and report my results in a blog. Each experiment, conducted within a 48-hour time frame, is designed to illustrate one of nine spiritual principles.
This first blog relates to Experiment Number 1: The Dude Abides Principle (i.e. There is an invisible energy force or field of infinite possibilities). In this experiment I was to give the “force” exactly 48 hours to make its presence known, demanding a clear, unmistakable sign, something that cannot be written off as coincidence. Not really all that comfortable with giving God ultimatums, but what's the worse that could happen?
Start: 5:30 pm, Monday November 16, 2015
- Nothing of note Monday evening.
- 7:30 a.m. Tuesday is beautiful, sunny and crisp. I think that just being alive on such a day is a miracle in itself. What more proof do we need than that we are here, witness to the wonders of nature?
- 11:00 a.m. I shuffle a deck of cards at Lotus Wings. The card I draw is called “imagination”. Part of the message: “Your mind is the great creator, and your imagination is its toolbox. Everything in life begins with the energy of imagination. Thoughts are real, and they can manifest themselves into the physical world. Train your mind to only have positive thoughts, and you will attract positivity into your life. If you can see it, you can be it. Visualize the components that you want in your life and imbue those thoughts with love, and they will become your reality. Conversely, if your mind strays to negative thoughts, you will only bring that energy to you.”
Hmm…the theme running through Pam Grout’s book is that we create our own reality as our thoughts interact with the “field of potentiality”. Interesting coincidence that I drew a card that says basically the same thing.
- 3:00 p.m. A client has a very positive experience with Reiki and pays for 3 treatments in advance.
- 5:30 p.m. (relevance of this becomes obvious later) I comment on a “lime” fruit growing on a potted plant at my daughter’s house. My daughter responds that it is a lemon and has been hanging on the tree for over 8 months without ripening, even after being placed outdoors during the summer months.
- 7:00 a.m. Wednesday. My husband, not usually an early riser, wakes me to view a particularly beautiful sunrise. Clad in our slippers and housecoats, we stand in the cool dawn, marvelling as the approaching sun paints the swirling masses of clouds and silhouettes the trees. For the second morning in a row I give thanks for beauty, life and love.
- My energy levels are high throughout the day. I feel everyone I meet is particularly friendly and helpful.
- 5:30 p.m. The deadline for a “sign”. I am talking to my daughter on the telephone. She says, “Oh, I meant to tell you Mom, that lemon turned yellow overnight. It’s like it was insulted when you called it a lime and decided to prove it was a lemon!” Hmmmm. Is this my unmistakable sign??? If so “the Dude” has a sense of humour.
I can’t wait to try the next experiment!